2017 National Club Championships
|Date:||16th July 2017|
|Distances||Olympic: 1500M swim - 40K cycle - 10K run|
|Sprint: 750M swim - 20K cycle - 5K run|
|Minimum Age:||14 years for Sprint distance|
|17 years for Olympic distance|
2016 Club Championship Winners
Division One - Chester Triathlon Club
Division Two - WV Tri
Division Three - Millfield A
Here is your opportunity to compete for the 2017 cup and title of National Club Champions and/or best winning age group triathlete.
The Club Championships returns to the calendar on Sunday July 16th at beautiful Sutton Park, the chosen venue for 2017 and will yet again be a friendly battle for top spot!
In the centre of the country and served by excellent road links, Sutton Park gives a perfect setting for a memorable triathlon experience. Delivering a sense of wilderness within an urban environment, visitors to Sutton Park can enjoy the captivating scenery, using an accessible network of paths.
Competitors take part individually for their team or club. It doesn’t matter whether you are a novice or top triathlete, all points earned from competitors go toward their respective club or team accumulated total.
The event focus is on a fun & friendly atmosphere with plenty of team camaraderie as well as the serious challenge of who will win the cup and be crowned 2017 UK Club Champions.
- Event course within Sutton Park, the largest urban parkland in Europe covering 2,400 acres
- open water swim in Powell's Pool, the largest lake in the park at 48 acres
- Closed to traffic bike course within the park
- Rural run through heathland & ancient woodland
- Open to all clubs and teams in the UK
- Compete over Sprint or Olympic distance
- 3 club size age group divisions
- Chip timing
- Free space allocation for team tent and meeting point
- Lake swim, transition and finish line all within one area
- Fantastic picturesque venue with on-site facilities including parking, free camping and an on-site Miller & Carter Restaurant/Pub
- Finishers medal for all as well as awards for winning teams in three divisions, age group prizes and overall male/female winners prizes
- Kids triathlon the day before (TBC)
· National Club Championship divisions and age groups
Sprint 750m Swim – 20k Bike – 5k Run
Olympic 1500m Swim – 40k Bike – 10k Run
Based on your club or team total entry size, your club or team will be placed on one of the following divisions
Division 3 (9 competitors and under)
Division 2 (10-19 competitors entered)
Division 1 (20 plus competitors entered)
For each race (Sprint and Olympic) each age group male and female competes for the overall title of age group champion, see Age Group categories below.
The overall National Club Champions will be awarded points based on combined Sprint and Olympic events earned by every member of their team for their overall score.
16-19 20-24 25-29 30-34 35-39 40-44 45-49 50-54 55-59
60-64 65-69 70-74 75-79 80+
For any families wishing to take part we also have the UK Kids Fun Triathlon taking place on Saturday 15th July at the same venue. (TBC)
We have received nothing but praise from previous club participants but don't take our word for it, see what club members have had to say here...
Competitor Race Day Information
|Sprint Male||Sprint Female|
|Olympic Male||Olympic Female|